Monday, January 20, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 20 January 2014


This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.  [Dalai Lama]

It is NOT always the easy thing to ask myself: How Much DO I Need?! I’ve been marinating in How Much CAN I GET?! for 60 years. Yet lately I ask this question ALL. THE. TIME. And I even stick around to hear my answer.

Never make your home in a place. Make a home for yourself inside your own head. You'll find what you need to furnish it - memory, friends you can trust, love of learning, and other such things. That way it will go with you wherever you journey.  [Tad Williams]

When I moved, came BACK to Arizona, I discovered that I had done this. I had made my Home “livable and moveable,” the two things I intended to DO when I left AZ in 2009. At that time I suppose I thought it still needed to BE a “thing,” yet in those 4 years I spent in the Wee Cottage, I discovered there was a fully furnished and perfect-for-ME Home Right Inside of ME.

Amazing!!

What we need is more people who specialize in the impossible.  [Theodore Roethke]

That is so exquisitely brilliant!!


I love you, Currie

No comments: