Thursday, January 2, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 2 January 2014


I invent nothing, I rediscover.  [Auguste Rodin]

I’ve been thinking lately about two sides of the same whatever: Am I following someone else’s footprints or am I making my own way through the forest called My Life?! It seems to BE a question that only hangs in the air. Like a fog on the windshield.

I think of the Journey up until Now and I can see that both things are true of my rear view… So what Now?! DO I put an emphasis on my interpretation or DO I merely keep on as I am?!

I canNOT imagine an inventor thinks in such a fashion, but then, mayBE I don’t know, y’know?!

To invent an airplane is nothing. To build one is something. But to fly is everything. [Otto Lilienthal]

That’s quite a thing I BElieve. This is a lot what the creative process is, at least for me, and what I canNOT seem to put into words when someone reflects out loud on something I have created.

It is NOT an effort to “invent” my art or words. Making art and writing words both DO take some sort of something. But to Let Go of that little ball of energy or Light inside of me and send it out into the World, that is definitely EVERYthing!!!


I love you, Currie

No comments: