Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 14 January 2014


We must dare to think 'unthinkable' thoughts. We must learn to explore all the options and possibilities that confront us in a complex and rapidly changing world.  [J. William Fulbright]

What is that, an “unthinkable” thought?! I wonder… In my early writing this morning I was exploring someplace that I usually don’t want to wander even in thought, much less in words. I was challenging myself a little, perhaps. Taking another path, the one I usually would avoid. It did NOT disappoint, I have to admit…

A season of suffering is a small assignment when compared to the reward. Rather than begrudge your problem, explore it. Ponder it. And most of all, use it. Use it to the glory of God.  [Max Lucado]

I haven’t always felt that problems were gifts. Blessings in disguise. But as I reflect I can see it was indeed the case, time and time again. I think this is an extraordinarily useful perspective. It gives me a way through such patches of Life that is BEautimous and Possible rather than ugly and overwhelming.

A world in which elves exist and magic works offers greater opportunities to digress and explore.  [Terry Brooks]

Life can disappoint when I expect magic and elves. It only Now occurs to me that expectations are the source of disappointment.


I love you, Currie

No comments: