Friday, August 9, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 9 August 2013


I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific. [Lily Tomlin]

I canNOT think of a better reason to utterly love the word NOW. Really. So much in my own language and Life have been vague and linked to someday or sometime when really I could have played it so much wiser simply by recognising that it is and was ALWAYS, Now.

No work or love will flourish out of guilt, fear, or hollowness of heart, just as no valid plans for the future can be made by those who have no capacity for living now. [Alan Wilson Watts]

It is only possible to live in this moment, this Right Now, and yet it is almost trained into us to seek for what will come and then, if or when [or if NOT] that comes, to go on seeking for what’s BEyond this achievement or place.

As I prepare for moving, this time, I am keenly aware of my tendency to stop living in the moments I have and focus instead on where I am going Next. Gratefully, I am DOing quite the opposite. I am marinating in this little ordinary no-frills Life I have here, in the Wee Cottage, with Gracie.

I am BEing, quite simply, exactly WHO I AM. 


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

I just LOVE Lily Tomlin!!
We all need to think more specifically. ;)
Now is the time! No time like the present, as they say. :)