Monday, August 26, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 26 August 2013


The idea is to write it so that people hear it and it slides through the brain and goes straight to the heart. [Maya Angelou]

Rarely DO I resonate so much with something and NOT even realise it until, well until it hasn’t seemed to register. Idea, to me, means something wholly different than what Angelou is speaking about, and then I have to wonder… REALLY?!

The whole idea of compassion is based on a keen awareness of the interdependence of all these living beings, which are all part of one another, and all involved with one another. [Thomas Merton]

This is more how I think, first, about idea. The whole Idea of a thing, like compassion, here. A concept which is simply true and utterly clear without question.

Idea, of course, is a word of many uses, many aspects, and many interpretations. It’s made for such internal confoundedness. That’s how it is with some words, some of the especially juicy words like these one-words I am writing on Right Now.

Whatever you want in life, other people are going to want it too. Believe in yourself enough to accept the idea that you have an equal right to it. [Diane Sawyer]

Many uses, all of which make good sense.

To me… How about you?! Let me know. 


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Ideas to me scatter about like fall leaves on a windy day. People have ideas constantly. Their minds flit from idea to idea all day long and even while they sleep. There are vicious and saintly ones. Black and white. Grey. Rainbows and stars. Every mind is filled with them. Picking out the wondrous ones is the challenge. ;)