Friday, August 2, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 2 August 2013


Play clothes. Play date. Who else straddles this generational divide?! This is the fun part of one-word prompts for writing.

Play through. Play out. Come over to play. Go play in the traffic. Ahhhhhhh… I think I am BEing silly.

You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation. [Plato] 

Which then makes Play-Doh come to mind. 

And how about play “dough” as in play money?! 

Oh my.

Okay, let me try this one: Humanity has advanced, when it has advanced, not because it has been sober, responsible, and cautious, but because it has been playful, rebellious, and immature. [Tom Robbins]

This makes sense to me, thank you very much!!

And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. [Khalil Gibran]

Play is a word that can BE used in so many ways; I think this is why it’s one of my favourites. 

We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. [George Bernard Shaw]

It is a happy talent to know how to play. [Ralph Waldo Emerson] 

I’m discovering how deeply true this is after forgetting it for a very long time.

“Plays well with others.” Something to strive for… 


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Play is a joy one never wants to lose! :)