Friday, August 16, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 16 August 2013


I will not play tug o’ war. I’d rather play hug o’ war. Where everyone hugs instead of tugs. Where everyone giggles and rolls on the rug. Where everyone kisses, and everyone grins, and everyone cuddles and everyone wins. [Shel Silverstein]

Such a deLIGHTfull image. I think Shel knew this “hug World” quite well.

Hugs are good. They are necessary. Like food, shelter, and clothing. I know. I’ve done a 4-year long study on how few and far BEtween hugs one can subsist on. [the results are NOT favourable to those who live BElow the Hug Poverty Line]

Hugs are essential. They set what’s crooked or broken right again. They are healthy and nourishing. They are THE ONE AND ONLY required food group, whether you are vegan, gluten-free, lactose-intolerant, or even macrobiotic.

A hug is the perfect gift – one size fits all and nobody minds if you exchange it. [Irvin Ball]

Arm ourselves for war? No! All the arms we need are for hugging. [Author Unknown]

I confess, I have gone to street fair events here sometimes JUST TO FIND the “hug booth” and I have binged and binged but NEVER once thought to purge…

I don’t know why it is only that it is required to have hugs. Hugs to give. Hugs to receive. Hugs for Life. 


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

LOL! I just said on your last post--Nothing beats a genuine hug!! :) :)