Saturday, August 17, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 17 August 2013


Birds fly over the rainbow
Why then – oh, why can’t I?
If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why, can’t I?
[L. Frank Baum]

The other morning, walking with Gracie, looking up, [BEcause it is fun to see what I “see” in the clouds, and morning clouds are most cooperative with this] I saw a BEautimous little rainbow. No rain, to my knowledge, but the sweetest little rainbow nonetheless.

This is the amazing thing about rainbows. They just “happen” and they are, well, as Rita Mae Brown wrote: Leroy bet me I couldn’t find a pot of gold at the end, and I told him that was a stupid bet because the rainbow was enough.

The wee rainbow, that morning, at this particular time in my Life, it made so much sense and let me breathe, drop my shoulders, Let Go, and simply BE.

Sometimes, things are planned and rain happens. It’s NOT fair, NOT nice, and NOT a lot of other stuff. What it is is Life. This is what I love about a rainbow. It reminds me to stop BEing so serious and stern and just roll.

And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow. [Charles K. Chesterton]

Over the rainbow…


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Rainbows are truly one of life's brief gifts! If you don't look up--you miss it. ;)