Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 14 August 2013


kisses are a better fate
than wisdom
~ e.e. cummings

Oh indeed… A funny one-word prompt yet NOT if you consider the value of this lovely 4-letter word. Who wouldn’t prefer to come away kissed more than to walk away wise?!

Always kiss your children goodnight, even if they’re already asleep. [H. Jackson Brown]

I love that one. I love the memories it brings flooding into me of childhood and parenthood alike. It sets off a long, long train of recollections and rememberings which somehow invade my face and make me grin like a bit of a fool.

Kisses aren’t much in abundance in my Life at Present. I don’t mind this so much as I mind the absence of hugs. Hugs are easier to obtain, even for a solitary soul like me. [BEsides, Gracie kisses are ALWAYS available, well, almost always…] And for anyone who knows, a Gracie kiss is a magically surprising JOY.

Harvey Fierstein said, A child’s kiss is magic. Why else would they be so stingy with them?  

Makes me pause and consider whether that is true, the stingy part… I don’t know that it was with Timmy, but definitely it seemed so when he and I were thousands of miles apart.

Perhaps I am someone who has adapted to a more kiss-less Life?! 


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Kisses were not a part of my childhood at all. Generally not much touching, period. I only saw my own parents kiss goodbye at the door in the morning a couple of times my whole life. (That Swedish blood?)

Did you hear the joke about the Scandinavian who loved his wife so much he almost told her?

Kissing was nice when I had somebody around to kiss--in private, of course--LOL! But I am perfectly fine with hugs (learned how to hug after I left home). Maybe it's the Swedish blood--in the genes, you know? ;)