Monday, August 5, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 5 August 2013


Telling the Truth isn’t the same as “the truth of the matter,” NOT usually… 

I suppose a better way to say it is that the Truth and truth aren’t necessarily one and the same. 

Clearly Truth and truth are concepts I’ve danced round the floor with more than a few gazillion times in my Life.

Mark Twain had acquaintance with my BEfuddlement round Truth/truth, If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything. 

I’ve found this a simple measure and a wondrously wise principle for Life, too.

These words from Dumbledore in J.K. Rowlings’ Harry Potter series, “The truth." Dumbledore sighed. "It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.”  highlight the peculiousness of the fence upon which I’ve tried to sit to understand what is and is NOT Truth.

While I actually BElieve that I am NOT good at lying, that does NOT mean I am stellar in my T/truth-telling skills. 

And yet I can still look to just yesterday to see where I massaged and managed the Truth to make it more palatable.

What is Truth for me is often difficult to reveal to another. 

Maya Angelou clearly understood this, There's a world of difference between truth and facts. Facts can obscure truth.

At least she seems to…


I love you, Currie

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Finding "Truth" is your journey ... every day you set down words in search of their truth. Every day I come here and walk away with my mind buzzing with thoughts ... that is a truth. You stimulate thought and that is how each of us find our own truth. I know I don't comment often, but I read you every day. When I am finished reading, I am thinking so it seems conterproductive to try to scratch out a comment when I haven't even digested what I have read ... you are truly amazing Curry. I don't know what sent you on this journey, but all of us who follow you are pulling for you (that you reach the truth that you seek) while pulling from you the ideas that stimulate our own truth ... What a wonderful road to travel. Thank you, Currie ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Miriam said...

I saw you on Creative Every Day (I think) I didn't realise you were still posting, but over here. I will put this blog in my reader.
Now, I just read Andrea's comment. What she said is exactly what I think. I wrote you an e-mail a while ago but didn't send it but it contained these thoughts.
...I come here and walk away with my mind buzzing with thoughts ...
...When I am finished reading, I am thinking so it seems conterproductive to try to scratch out a comment when I haven't even digested what I have read ...

Miriam x

Anke Martin said...

Thank you Currie :)))))

Rita said...

I agree with Mark Twain. I have enough trouble remembering things without having to keep lies straight. Truth! ;)