Friday, August 30, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 30 August 2013


Twirl around Piglet,
Step lightly Pooh,
This silly ol’ dance is perfect for two.
[A.A. Milne]

Twirl of course has many meanings. And the reasons I like it are nearly as many. It is one of those words that sounds like what it is. That feels good whether I am saying, writing, hearing, or just reading it.

Sometimes I twirl when I am bothered and sometimes I twirl when I am just waking up and sometimes I can BE sound asleep and wake up in a gigunda twirl.

And sometimes… well sometimes I can stand in the sand and look up into the sky or out across the ocean and mentally twirl, in a good way, of course.

I’d like to be a kid again but only because naps were insisted, twirling in circles was acceptable, and the only password I had to remember was open sesame.  [Adar Burks]

Clearly that resonates for me. MayBE even for YOU, too. Perhaps we were wrong to want to grow up so fast?!

As the mighty acrobat confidently performs his trick of twirling in circles, walking on tiptoe, jumping, climbing, staring, naming. He is joyous, filled with his grandeur and wondrous omnipotence.
[Louise J. Kaplan]

So here’s a thought: Go out and twirl. Stand on tiptoes. Let Go and BE!!!


I love you, Currie

No comments: