Friday, August 30, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 30 August 2013


Twirl around Piglet,
Step lightly Pooh,
This silly ol’ dance is perfect for two.
[A.A. Milne]

Twirl of course has many meanings. And the reasons I like it are nearly as many. It is one of those words that sounds like what it is. That feels good whether I am saying, writing, hearing, or just reading it.

Sometimes I twirl when I am bothered and sometimes I twirl when I am just waking up and sometimes I can BE sound asleep and wake up in a gigunda twirl.

And sometimes… well sometimes I can stand in the sand and look up into the sky or out across the ocean and mentally twirl, in a good way, of course.

I’d like to be a kid again but only because naps were insisted, twirling in circles was acceptable, and the only password I had to remember was open sesame.  [Adar Burks]

Clearly that resonates for me. MayBE even for YOU, too. Perhaps we were wrong to want to grow up so fast?!

… As the mighty acrobat confidently performs his trick of twirling in circles, walking on tiptoe, jumping, climbing, staring, naming. He is joyous, filled with his grandeur and wondrous omnipotence.
[Louise J. Kaplan]

So here’s a thought: Go out and twirl. Stand on tiptoes. Let Go and BE!!!


I love you, Currie

No comments: