Monday, August 19, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 19 August 2013



Star Light, Star Bright
First star I see tonight
I wish I may, I wish I might
Have the wish I wish tonight…

How long ago did I learn this and BEgin to say it, silently, inside myself?! What did I think of those lights in the night sky BEfore I knew their name?!

I love the word Starlight BEcause it has a magical tone, a sense of freedom and possibility, and it makes me think, no, KNOW that there is far more to this Universe than I will ever imagine.

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream. [Vincent van Gogh]

It does seem so, doesn’t it?! That when the stars are out [or when I can SEE them] dreams take on a new Life. They seem more than ever NOT dreams but visions of Hope.

I so rarely see the stars, going to sleep so early and rising BEfore dawn. I am, however, always awakened when the moon is full or nearly so, and I am awed over and over again by the way it lights the nighttime and suggests that daylight and moonlight are NOT so different, really.

Reach for the stars, you might touch the sky… [Steve Winwood]

It is possible. Yes it is!!!


I love you, Currie

No comments: