Sunday, August 25, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 25 August 2013


If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough. [Meister Eckhart]

It’s curious. Odd. My word for 2013 is Enough yet when I looked for quotes about Enough most of what I found was Gratitude-related. I’m going to go with that, though… After all, it is Gratitude which brought me to the very edge of Enough, and Gratitude which held my hand as I leaped in.

It isn’t enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it… [Eleanor Roosevelt]

I suppose the same can BE said about Gratitude. It’s NOT enough simply to think about it, it’s something that must BE held and touched and turned over in one’s whole heart and BEing until it BEcomes the words to the melody that dances, without invitation, through one’s head.

And it isn’t enough to believe in it. One must work at it. [E.R.]

Working at Peace, at Gratitude, or at anything so worthy is a neverending endeavour. It requires complete devotion and nothing less will BE enough. This is one of the things I have discovered in this year, 2013, the Year of the Giraffe & Enough.

Gratitude… turns what we have into enough, and more… [Melody Beattie]

Enough is a BEautimous thing. NOT elusive, nor BEyond my grasp. 


I love you, Currie

2 comments:

Anke Martin said...

HI Currie! Look I found a quote....about healing...remember your post about healing two weeks ago? Smiles to you :)

'Healing is a process of growing ,changing, shifting, evolving and releasing. This process can be very painful, frightening, confronting, emotional ,physical, spiritual and a lot of hard work. During the healing process as you release old patterns/feelings, you may find yourself feeling lost, confused and disorientated, this is normal, you are adjusting to your new way of being.... the lighter and more positive version of you. Keep moving forward, step by step and shining your beautiful light and in no time you will have made the transformation from the caterpillar into the stunning butterfly! Stay Blessed'


Deanne Steinbeck

xoxox Anke :)

Rita said...

Enough can also be about boundaries. Took me a long time to learn about boundaries. ;)