Monday, August 12, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 12 August 2013


We’re so busy watching what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are. [Bill Watterson]

I don’t want to speak for anyone else, but it is all too easy, even expected [AND ACCEPTED] to live for what’s on BEyond Now. It is, or it has been my experience, silly to simply enJOY the moment at hand. To savour the sweetness and touch the heart of this moment’s JOY and wonder?! Oftentimes laughed at and scorned.

Learning to enJOY Life as it flies is the perhaps THE GREATEST gift I’ve found living in solitude. I love this from Eve Ensler:

Cherish your solitude. Take trains by yourself to places you have never been. Sleep out alone under the stars. Learn how to drive a stick shift. Go so far away that you stop being afraid of not coming back. Say no when you don’t want to do something. Say yes if your instincts are strong, even if everyone around you disagrees. Decide whether you to be liked or admired. Decide if fitting in is more important that finding out what you’re doing here. Believe in kissing.

Of all the things I am learning in this solitary season of my Life, discovering what I enJOY DOing, BEing, and Having is the most magically magnificent.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Great quote!
I don't think you really, truly get to know who you are unless you spend time alone. My opinion, I know, but I'm just sayin'. ;)