Saturday, August 31, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 31 August 2013


Never believe that a few caring people can’t change the world. For, indeed, that’s all who ever have.
[Margaret Mead]

BElieve is such a remarkable word. It suggests Trust and simultaneously ushers in Wonder. It is a promise and a clarifying breath of fresh air. And as Margaret Mead said, it is so utterly simple and true.

What we BElieve and what we only think are, or can BE, as different as night and day. Sometimes.

When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time. [May Angelou]

This BElieve has given me my greatest challenges. I DO hope for the best, holding out hope, giving chances and more chances. I think I can point to this trouble Time and Again. NOT BElieving someone is what they are…

I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit. [John Steinbeck]

I canNOT possibly add anything to those words. I can only sit with them awhile…

I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality… [Martin Luther King, Jr.]

MayBE, like me, you’ll sit awhile and BElieve…


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

I totally agree with Martin. ;)