Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 13 August 2013


Even in the mud and scum of things, something always, always sings. [Ralph Waldo Emerson] Celebration, it’s really such a simple concept. And a happy [or happy-fying] practise.

In my opinion…

We really have lost our bent toward celebrating. So much comes at us and to us, so fast, so constant, it is like we canNOT come up for enough air to really celebrate the tiny and HUGE moments, happenings, occurrences.

And then here is an utterly wondrous idea from Audre Lorde, It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences.

This approach, for me, is the little piece [peace] of magical something I’ve always missed and wanted so to find. I’ve felt that either I must try convincing someone of my perspective, opinion, or BElief; OR, someone was, through derision, quick thinking, or simply fancy footwork, hammering at me to see it their way.

But what if, instead of all that wrangling and fuss we’d just embrace that we are, each of us, unique and equal?! NOT the same, just ourselves first of all, and created with the intention of equality?!

Celebrate possibilities. Dream freely. Boldly even. Risk embarrassment and BE fearless. Leave every bit of yourself on the field of YOUR dreams. You CAN DO it! 


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

How true! Why do we humans spend so much time trying to be alike instead of celebrating that we are unique and beautiful!? :)