Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 27 August 2013


About all you can do in life is be who you are… [Rita Mae Brown]

So I am thinking, too. I mean, how CAN you BE someone else?! I have been running a quiet experiment for awhile, I imagine the stories of people I see, in a day, out and about, even the people I “meet” right here, online. I give them backstories and circumstances and it all happens without much effort BEyond imagining.

… Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won’t like you at all. [R.M.B.]

If you’ve been reading me awhile, you know about my love affair with this word, BE. Sometimes I am asked about it, why I capitalise in inside of words like BEing and BElieve. I don’t have a pat answer. It’s really just something that happened in the course of BEing me.

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. [Ralph Waldo Emerson]

Sometimes I think it’s my way of embracing my first name, Barbara, while at the same time affirming I want to BE Currie. [although that may BE TMI, don’t you agree?!]

Follow your inner moonlight; don’t hide the madness. [Allen Ginsberg]

I’m just saying… 


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Being yourself--just being--is much harder than we think. A life-long quest! ;)