Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 20 August 2013


Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars. [J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings]

It was just yesterday that I wrote about starlight and the moon, when full, nearly full, just past BEing full, awakens me and deLIGHTs my sleepy senses with the dance it performs… And though I canNOT say it is for sure the time round a full moon, I CAN say I was awakened last night and treated to a light dance…

The moon does not fight. It attacks no one. It does not worry. It does not try to crush others. It keeps to its course, but by its very nature, it gently influences. What other body could pull an entire ocean from shore to shore? The moon is faithful to its nature and its power is never diminished. [Deng Ming-Dao, Everyday Tao: Living with Balance and Harmony]

Oh the moon. Such a marvelous invention and an even greater discovery. So many “blame” the moon or mayBE they are simply “crediting” it?! I don’t really play that way. I am awed and astonished. Simply that.

I DO love the idea of keeping to its course yet gently influencing by its nature. That seems a worthy enterprise, a spectacular intention, simply BEing an influence by one’s nature.

May our “moonness” always BE with us… 


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

I've always loved a full moon. ;)