Sunday, August 11, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 11 August 2013


We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospection. [Anais Nin]

Perhaps. Or mayBE we write BEcause Life is so remarkably juicy and delicious. Or BEcause it feels so good to attempt to share this pleasure with another. Or others…

Art and life are subjective. Not everybody’s gonna dig what I dig, but I reserve the right to dig it. [Whoopi Goldberg]

Now with this I have no differing opinion. In fact, this thoughty little Whoopi-ism is largely what I am learning about Life, in particular from these last 7 years on my own. I really never understood that my taste had disappeared into that of another. I’m NOT blaming, just saying…

Taste is subjective and cause for retrospective introspection. I note this watching a series on Netflix. I want so much to “like it” so I can share it with JOY and sincere interest. And yet I find it more of an exercise in endurance. I’ve no patience for watching how we humans interact with meanness and derision. I mean, I know this is true enough, I’m just NOT all that into it…

Still, The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. [Eleanor Roosevelt] 


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

I find I have to be in the appropriate mood to watch certain types of shows or I can't watch them. Like some really serious shows I don't want to watch when i am feeling light and silly, you know? My tastes have changed over the years, I think. And I am sure they will continue to change. But, like you, I don't go by what other people like--only what I like. :)