Sunday, August 4, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 4 August 2013


The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. [Lao Tzu] 

A cherished missive. It’s inside me so much that I canNOT diminish even the smallest of steps that I make.

The most important reason for going from one place to another is to see what's in between… [Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth] 

As one who has moved too many times to number, I’d have to say it’s the “what’s in BEtween” my moves that has made up my Journey in Life.

When I envision my own ordinary little Life as my Journey, somehow the confusing and BEfuddling make perfect sense. It is when I misunderstand it as a standstill that I get myself lost in the weeds. 

We should not judge people by their peak of excellence; but by the distance they have traveled from the point where they started. [Henry Ward Beecher]

And when I am tempted to compare myself?! 

God has arranged strange ways for some of us to find him. Sometimes He brings us on long physical journeys; sometimes He leaves us at home and makes the journey internal. Yours has been both. You have gone a long way and struggled a great deal, but I can see from your eyes that it was not for nothing. [Abigail J. Hartman, The Soldier’s Cross]  


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Life is a journey!! And I wouldn't want to miss a day of mine! ;)