Sunday, August 4, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 4 August 2013


The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. [Lao Tzu] 

A cherished missive. It’s inside me so much that I canNOT diminish even the smallest of steps that I make.

The most important reason for going from one place to another is to see what's in between… [Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth

As one who has moved too many times to number, I’d have to say it’s the “what’s in BEtween” my moves that has made up my Journey in Life.

When I envision my own ordinary little Life as my Journey, somehow the confusing and BEfuddling make perfect sense. It is when I misunderstand it as a standstill that I get myself lost in the weeds. 

We should not judge people by their peak of excellence; but by the distance they have traveled from the point where they started. [Henry Ward Beecher]

And when I am tempted to compare myself?! 

God has arranged strange ways for some of us to find him. Sometimes He brings us on long physical journeys; sometimes He leaves us at home and makes the journey internal. Yours has been both. You have gone a long way and struggled a great deal, but I can see from your eyes that it was not for nothing. [Abigail J. Hartman, The Soldier’s Cross]  


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Life is a journey!! And I wouldn't want to miss a day of mine! ;)