Saturday, August 24, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 24 August 2013


Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. [Mahatma Gandhi]

I woke up unusually early early today. I should say my brain did… Sometimes I feel Life is a final exam and whatever I DO Right Now is what my entire grade hinges upon.

BUT… That is simply NOT Life. It is, well, it’s fear.

Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn. [C.S. Lewis]

My brain was going on about my upcoming move. Chiding me for NOT BEing 100% totally livable AND moveable NOW. For still having attachments to some stuff. For NOT BEing willing to Let Go and start over again from scratch.

Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content. [Helen Keller]

I read awhile. I meditated. Visualised. Breathed. I let my “panic” have some space. And then I got up. All of Life is juicy and worth living full-out. All of it. Even the crazies…

I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision. [Eleanor Roosevelt]

I didn’t think I’d leave the Wee Cottage. Didn’t imagine going back to AZ. Yet here I go, learning to make up my mind… 


I love you, Currie

2 comments:

Anke Martin said...

Currie, I send you some comfort giving smiles and hugs. Keep breathing and create those safe spaces for yourself as much as possible. CATCH some 'peace-giving-couragous-gathering-strength', smiles, Anke :)

Rita said...

I am so glad that I have always been curious and loved learning new things. the world is such an interesting place! :)