Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 7 August 2013


What is there to love about this tiny word?! Frankly, a LOT!! It marks new BEginnings, and it encourages, merely by its utterance.

As one who has had a lifelong love for Dr. Seuss, I cannot help but share, 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

As well, T.S. Eliot, 

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. 

I love the way each of these reflect the best in the other.

This two-letter word holds promise and possibility. Hope. And tongue-in-cheek, a la Oscar Wilde, 

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. 

Go has myriad interpretations.

Most of all, I love this concept of C.S. Lewis, 

It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.

This compels me to Let Go, take flight, and simply BE.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Great quotes in this post!!
I'd chat but I have to go. LOL! ;)