Friday, May 31, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 31 May 2013


I love this. The image of it inside my brain. How living it feels, especially since I’m a stick-in-the-mud sometimes.

I remember my earliest experience with the ocean and how I thought myself so powerful to BE able to send those waves back out by drawing my scary faces into the sand, my back to their rush the entire time.

Oh to BE so naïve and convincible!!!

Things don’t always [or even all that often, come to think of it] go my way. Happiness recedes and I lose my focus.

Someone does or says or doesn’t DO or say something and I act like a wave refusing to crash onto shore or BE gathered up in the greaterness of the ocean and BE swept back out into the deep.

To BE more like a wave is to allow and accept Life, to live in its flow and rhythm, and to NOT [ever] BE afraid or even hesitant about its course. To Let Go into it and BE swept wherever it sweeps me.

Learning to live more like this and less like someone in futile pursuit of control is challenging. Yet little by slowly I am coming to a deep understanding of the magic of waves.

The magic of rolling with the tide, living in the moment[s] of Life.


I love you, Currie

No comments: