Thursday, May 23, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 23 May 2013




As a writer, this is a thought that revisits my brain rather often. 

In fact, I sometimes feel I am repeating myself. 

Perhaps I DO and I am letting that BE okay. 

After all, it is NOT like someone or anyone is keeping track.

I recently heard a piece of music on NPR that has its origins in something from Mozart yet has been reworked again and again.

Fascinating the way Life is like a reel-to-reel tape sometimes.

We all repeat ourselves. Goodness knows that I DO. 

And yet there are cadences and lilts I am unaware of running through everything I write.

BEing original and fresh is important, yet so is BEing myself. 

This particular writing has legs that are constant and others that are intentionally irregular. 

I am the same yet every day new and different than the one BEfore.

Those times in Life when we have to say the hard things, it might sound like we’re BEing drones but really we’re NOT. 

There really are few words to say such things. 

Mostly it is our delivery I think that is felt by the recipient.

As an artist I’ve fretted about DOing something like someone else. 

Yet inspiration IS an inside commodity, albeit influenced in countless outside ways.

At least these are things I tell myself…

I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

It's new to you. Even great masters learned first from someone else's work, right? :)