Friday, May 3, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 3 May 2013




When I think of seeing things in new ways, the first that came to mind was hanging by my knees from a tree.

I suppose this says something for BEing awake so early. Whatever comes is what it is and I roll with it.

Gladly.

I can also BEcome fixed in my ways of seeing.

Rigid. 

Immoveable.

And while steadiness has its virtues, when it comes to seeing, I think it’s imperative to BE able to shift, change perspectives, and most of all, admit when I am simply wrong.

Since letting GraceLand go last April, I’ve come to see “everyday places” where I live and DO my Life with an entirely altered perspective.

It is so easy to ignore the little changes, day to day, when zooming by them at 15 or 35 miles per hour.

The way certain trees blossom and fill out. 

How a lot of rain immediately makes a passageway smaller. 

What consistent neglect looks like, happening, as it does, one day at a time.

Seeing things in new ways is about opening my heart and mind, perhaps more than my eyes. 

It involves listening. With my feet as much, perhaps MORE than my ears.

Seeing things in new ways opens me to unimagined possibilities, deep realisations, and a manner of considering I’ve never experienced…

I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

New perspective gives the opportunity for new insight. Wonderful! :)