Thursday, May 30, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 30 May 2013


One of the smartest, most brilliant things I’ve learned in this Life is the power of walking. Long walks in particular have literally saved my Life. But that is a story for, well, NOT here…

A long walk is essential for my head to BE clear and my heart to stay open. There have been lengthy stretches of Time where I have eschewed this bit of wisdom, so Now I just keep it front-and-center on my Habit Shelf alongside brushing my teeth and writing Gratitude.

Short walks, what Gracie and I call “iddies,” are good for certain things. No question these are essential, but I prefer, as does Gracie, a long meandering purposeless BEyond it is what it is and that’s all I am saying on the subject walk.

These walks, our Morning Adventure walks, are utter deLIGHT and JOY. We, er, well, Gracie sniffs and does roll pollies, gives her love freely to whoever we see, and when we return home again we are two satisfied campers.

On my own, a long walk is also a slice of Heaven. I lost touch with this depending upon my 4-wheels for so long, yet Now my appreciation is back.

Whole and intact!!!

I love the feel of my feet on the pavement and wind at my back. 

Oh indeed!!!


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

I used to do a lot of walking! I never even learned how to drive until I was 30. I miss it. Enjoy!! :)