Sunday, March 31, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 31 March 2013



This, the last Simple Instruction, Fly Free, embraces me this morning. I think for so very long all I have wanted is to follow such an encouragement and yet I have tethered myself to the ground with the reasoning [excuse] that I mustn’t go off on my own.

And yet I am ready and willing and indeed quite able to Fly Free. To choose for myself.

I am also capable of steering my own course and following the Guidance within and around me. I am, ultimately, NOT alone, nor am I [or have I ever been] left wholly alone. That is just how I have thought of it, wrongly.

Attachments to people, to places, to the things of Life, these all clip essential bits of my wings. They keep me from soaring. They ground me, complicate what is simple, and hold me in place.

None of these are essentially “bad” things. They don’t spell disaster. And there is nothing whatsoever wrong with attachment.

It is only how I have seen them. How I have held them. Where I have placed them BEfore or After or right smack-dab in the midst of certain things.

Flying Free is Letting Go by trusting deeply in the way Life unfolds.

Flying Free is living loosely, arms thrown wide, and heart wide open.

I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Anke Martin said...

Thank you Currie for this post, I never saw free flying like that and you hit jackpoint! THANK YOU and HAPPY EASTER :))))

Smiles, Anke :)