Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 26 March 2013




I don’t know about you, or anyone, really, but sometimes I shrink. I hold myself in and back. I disappear into the corner.

And sometimes I even close my eyes to better imagine my invisibility.

I want to explain myself and get you and everyone else [as though anyone were really looking, mind you] to see what I would like you to see and NOT leave you to make up your mind without my “help” in DOing so.

This is NOT fun to reveal. Only necessary. In fact, essential. My days of hiding and shrinking and standing out of the Light are BEhind me Now.

I’m NOT saying I am jumping into the spotlight, NOT at all. Only that I am done trying to control and manage.

It’s all a great honking boondoggle anyway, assuming I can manage your opinions about me. [it’s even pretty crazy thinking I CAN since YOU canNOT manage mine about you, but let us NOT bring logic into this, okay?!]

Dealing with the effects of last week’s attack, the concussion, how tentative and even timid both Gracie and I are feeling out on our walks, it feels apropos that I’m dancing with Stand Tall this morning.

That is a simple instruction. It’s one that seems abundantly clear. Even if I am rather confuzzled…

I love you, Currie

No comments: