Sunday, March 3, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 3 March 2013




Life is best when it is JOYous, yet that little word, JOY, requires consistent and deliberate practise.

How to BE JOYfull or even a little JOYous when sometimes Life is utterly awful and a little bit horrifying?!

That IS indeed the question…

I am taking a page from the writings of others this early Sunday morning. I am choosing to look at an experience with my heart open and my spirit trusting that awful and really quite horrifying as was the episode of yesterday morning’s walk with Gracie, there is a pony somewhere in this large pile of poop.

For you who KNOW Gracie, you know how exuberant and welcoming and adoring she is. EVEN IF she does NOT know you. 

It’s a remarkable thing, yet for her, clearly built-in.

And it never ceases to amaze me…

She fell hard for a guy in a van yesterday. She was off her leash, merrily running with that big old smile on her sweet face, all set to greet him. He did NOT get out, she did NOT come when I called. I went to her, he got out, yelled at me, then grabbed her and smacked her in the face and told me to get the f-bomb out of his driveway and keep her the f-bomb off his car…

I love you, Currie

No comments: