Saturday, March 23, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 23 March 2013




Sometimes I think about things in a way that isn’t ordinary. Sometimes I think about things in ways so ordinary they almost don’t register as thoughts.

This is how I think of writing. For me, writing is thinking. Out loud, perhaps louder in some cases than others, but out loud enough that it’s NOT merely thinking.

Some of my Life I have “wanted to BE” a writer [and other things, too] without realising that I already had [have] everything I need to BE that whatever [in this case, writer] Right Now. Right Here.

Mind-boggling…

BEing a writer is BEing someone who writes. Granted, we mostly think of writers as ThoseWhoHavePublishedBooks, but that is just wrong-thinking done with great skill and accuracy!

I write first thing each and every day BEcause A] I CAN, it’s My Life, and MY Choice to BEgin this way, and 2] it’s what makes my day and thus My Life someplace I want to BE.

I don’t write to BE heard, to make a difference, to make a point, or to BE in any way cool, better, or special. I write BEcause it’s who I am. Who I BE… Just that simple. I write BEcause it has BEcome my way of entering the World every morning.

Like opening my eyes to the new day…

I love you, Currie

3 comments:

Leovi said...

Very nice composition. Yes, writing makes us think and relate to our way of thinking, face ourselves.

Cynthia (Cindy) Powell said...

I look forward to receiving your insight on a daily basis! We should all be grateful for who we are, what we are and age with grace. Or at least I'd like to try.

The Artful Diva said...

I BE in awe of writing skills!