Thursday, March 14, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 14 March 2013




It feels a little silly saying I tried tomorrow and yesterday, yet what is true for me is that I feel I HAVE tried to live in both. Sometimes at the same time!!! 

Hard as it’s been for me to really grasp the necessity of living Right Here & Right Now, I’ve finally “got it” and it’s working well for me. I can pretty much know when I get a bit squirrely or too too that I’ve stepped forward or hung back.

The place I notice this most is when I am thinking about something I need to DO. Simple things. Going to the market. Returning books to the library. I will way overthink things and sometimes delay so long I no longer have “choices” open to me.

This is largely why I made a rule for myself some years back: DON’T THINK ABOUT A THING ONE MOMENT LONGER THAN IT TAKES TO DO OR BEGIN IT.

This rule helps. It makes it possible to simply NOT THINK which, while I agree this can BE a dangerous practise, done too much in the wrong sorts of situations, is ideal for a busy brain like mine…

The funny thing is how balanced and peaceful this rule has made me.

Such a simple change of focus.

Such a HUGE difference…

I love you, Currie

No comments: