Friday, March 22, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 22 March 2013




It might seem inappropriate to ALWAYS bring laughter. I mean, there are times and places where it is NOT considered a good practise to laugh…

Still, I BElieve it has been laughter that has got me through my most difficult places. It is like a great whoop of release that lets me fit again inside my skin when times are the most trying and dark.

I’m NOT saying [or even suggesting] we should all break into raucous laughter in those places and at such moments when BEing solemn and quietly respectful is sort of the way things are meant to BE, but I AM saying that when I have been such places and moments myself, I know that without laughter, or simply the remembrance of laughter, I’d have had a much harder time of it.

Laughter is a language that is universal. If you think for just the tiniest moment to what happens BEtween the Very Old and the Very Young, what I think you will remember is how they communicated the great JOY of BEing with laughter and smiles.

Amazing!!!

There is nothing quite so energising as a baby’s smile, nor so cherished as those deep crinkly smiles that unfold into laughter from someone who’s been round the block a good many times.

Laughter?! Bring it on!!!

I love you, Currie

2 comments:

sharon said...

Love the blue in this piece. I am with you on the laughter. I have a terrible habit of laughing at inappropriate times, it is not out of disrespect, but because I see humour in everything and humour is JOY.

Leovi said...

Exquisite, lovely photo!