Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 19 March 2013



It was only a few years ago that I read the quote about worry BEing the misuse of imagination. I am NOT sure who to attribute it to. [easy enough, it’s Dan Zadra]

For me it appeared as a sort of cryptic message. 

I knew I was a worrier, but I didn’t know that my defaulting to worry could BE remedied by building its strength to DO other things.

Rather than worrying HOW or WHAT I’ll DO, Now I imagine, envision, and dream up scenarios that make my heart sing and my feet BEgin to tap.

Now I embrace the imaginative energy that I have available to put toward those things that give me HOPE. 

It’s NOT as easy as it sounds…

Most people seem to think the way to solve a problem is to think it through. Well, most of the people I know or converse with anyway.

How odd it feels to imagine rather than worry. 

At first. 

Like pretending I don’t know something I DO know. Like BElieving in the Tooth Fairy.

In a way, I think of prayer as a means of building imagination. 

Especially prayer that surrenders, that deeply and completely entrusts the whatever-I’m-praying-about to what or whom I pray.

MayBE that seems weird, but imagining hopefully works for me.

Really, really well.

I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Anke Martin said...

Thank you Currie, I found this way too...out of the worry trap and into the wide open of life. Smiles to you, Anke :)