Saturday, July 6, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 6 July 2013


When I see Life as Play, a natural extension of those very first interactions with others, I have the strong sense that to BE fair is no more complex  than to PLAY fair. To BE kind. To treat others and the rest of all that makes Life the way I want and can expect to BE treated.

Some might call this living by the Golden Rule. Or at least playing by it. I’d agree, but the thing that is different is that I don’t necessarily just try to treat OTHERS as I would like to BE treated, I try to treat all of the rest of Life that way, too.

Playing fair is NOT at all about Getting My Way or Winning. It is all about How I Bring JOY to every encounter with people, places, things, and ideas. It is NOT solely focused on results and outcomes but upon moments and process and thinkingandfeeling.

I intend to BE as fair with myself as I am with YOU. I intend to treat myself with the same ordinary everyday kindness as I DO Gracie. Whatever I reveal or hold back needs to BE no different regarding what I reveal or hold back to/from the World than what I’m willing to face and discover.

Playing fair isn’t complicated at all. 


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Too bad more people don't play fair. ;)
Love your silly giraffes!!