Monday, July 29, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 29 July 2013


There is another tidbit I’ve heard that is “make strong offers.” It’s sort of the highbrow version of sweeten pots. At least I think of it that way.

To sweeten pots one need only bring that unique something to whatever the “pot/s” are in play. For instance, when Gracie and I go out this morning I could bring a tennis ballie, prepare for an Intracoastal swim, or simply BE willing to walk somewhere we haven’t BEfore or at least in a long enough while.

On the other hand, when I am looking at what will BE with my upcoming move, I can spend a few moments seeing the ease and simplicity I will enJOY. And I DO mean “seeing” as in visualising it in great detail. This is certain to bring sweetness to the “pot” of transience, mobility, and change.

A sweetened pot is like a strong offer in that it doesn’t haggle and intend disagreement where, ultimately, one wears the other down and gets more than was initially proposed. While I am clear that  negotiating and bargaining sometimes are [or can BE] fun, sweetening a pot is simpler, softer, and, well, sweeter.

I intend each morning to BE a pot-sweetener with my Gratitude. I DO this through making art and words dance just for YOU. Yes. REALLY!!! 


I love you, Currie

2 comments:

Rita said...

LOL! I bet she really appreciates it, too! ;)

Beverley Baird said...

A lovely painting and thought provoking post!