Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 30 July 2013


I might NOT have thought this a principle for Life, at least until the past 7 or 8 years. I was much more the hang back and wait to see sort of bean.

On the other hand, it surely does seem I jumped right into a lot of pots of water, thinking them cool and refreshing, NOT realising they were slowly heating up to a boiling point.

So this may make me sound like a lobster, I recognise that. Or a frog. But I am neither. I just took a long while to understand that jumping in is NOT always the wisest course, even though it is truly something I try Now always to BE willing to DO.

For instance… when I first moved to Florida in 2009, I was all about jumping in and didn’t really grasp that I was upsetting the other lily pads by DOing so. I was, as best I recall, tolerated up until a point and then… well NOT so much.

Today I have a different perspective. I think I have learned to discern and differentiate MUCH MORE when such skills are called for. I Now know there are times to jump in and others where pausing and consideration take precedence.

I don’t ALWAYS get it right, but that’s Life BEing Life, eh?! 


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

LOL! Look before you leap, but leap, right? :)