Friday, July 19, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 19 July 2013


And once more I discover myself in previously visited territory. The matter of saying “When” is clearly something I spend significant time both in understanding better, little by slowly, and trying to practise, especially in areas where I have NOT done so BEfore.

It may also BE that saying “When” is integral to knowing what is “Enough.” I think, in fact, this is precisely WHY I have landed here so soon again.

I am the person who never wanted the fun time to end. Who tried to squeeze every last droplet out of times I was with people I loved DOing things we loved DOing whilst BEing together. Camp comes to mind. I never EVER, NOT once was eager to return to my Real Life After Camp. I usually spent a good month [mayBE more] enveloped in a sort of grief over that window closing yet again.

Saying “When” isn’t for the faint-hearted. It’s one of those things that really tests a person’s strengths, putting them to tasks that, while seemingly simple, are anything BUT. It’s a matter that requires stores of  that which is more potent than thinking it so. [though I have to say that right-thinking helps with a LOT of “When” saying]

Saying “When” is a process NOT a merely an action. It takes heart. 


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Oh, I've never been good at saying when! LOL! :)