Friday, July 26, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 26 July 2013


This one I’ve been looking forward to writing on. Really. But mayBE you already know that about me. That I relish things like boredom and restlessness and loneliness and DOing things that are a little off the map…

Relishing boredom has been a particular favourite of mine. Perhaps BEcause I allowed myself to BE bored so very often and then, like a prisoner in a deep hole, had to figure my way up and out or simply let the hole swallow me whole!!

I’m pretty good at filling up my Time and Life with things so I won’t have the opportunity to get bored, yet I used to DO this with things that had that sort of Velcro possibility. The one that might get me attached enough to get carried forth?!

Bridge comes to mind [something some of you might remember consumed me for a couple of years]. You see, I always thought [and hoped] playing Bridge would help me to make friends which might then keep me from my restless loneliness those first years I spent alone in Sedona.

But it didn’t play out that way. I had to learn NOT only Bridge, but how to embrace boredom and solitariness and let them energise and inspire me.

Through embracing it, boredom BEcame my Very Good Best Friend. 


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

I guess I am very lucky because it is a truly rare occurrence in my lifetime that I have ever been bored. (And then it's usually been when I was trapped in some non-preffered activity with other people--LOL!) Have always done well on my own and inevitably found things to do--and even inactivity has been a time for contemplation, planning, observation, or meditation. I am fortunate. I count my blessings. :)