Thursday, July 4, 2013

Currie's Gratitude 4 July 2013


You might think this simple, you who have never moved a gazillion times. You might think this strange, you who have maintained strong ties with family, neighbourhood, and community.

Yet for me, who has moved about 70 gazillion times and lived pretty much my entire Life at greater than a great distance from my scattered family, without neighbourhood or community ties, it is a wise and wondrous directive I’m just BEginning to hear.

A whisper. An encouragement. A marvelous and magnificent thought. What an old YET NOT long forgotten by me friend would deem an idea whose time has come . [and just at the moment I most needed such wisdom…]

Stay close means just that. Stay close. Sometimes, as is the case Now for me, staying close means moving again. It means more letting go, which is fine. I’ve got quite good at that. Quite good indeed.

Stay close and BE Present. For myself, yes, always, and close to another for whom my closeness and nearer presence can really make a difference.

That has been my challenge in looking for what to DO with my Life, Now. To Make a Difference. I don’t need acclaim or renown or even visibility. I need only to Make a Difference. Quietly. Thoughtfully. Daily. In a small way that actually matters. 


I love you, Currie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your deep thinking words enrich my life. We are having a blowout 4th of July yard sale. We have far too much and don't want to keep hauling it here and there.I am excited about our adventure but the sale of the house comes first. However you are spending your day may it be with you quietly making a difference.. (:

Rita said...

I've moved too many times. Lost count at 30, but slowed down once I moved up here to the Fargo-Moorhead area and have only moved once since 1999! That's unheard of. People used to write me in their address books in pencil. ;)