Thursday, May 8, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 8 May 2014


“But what if I make a mistake?' Will asked.

Gilan threw back his head and laughed. “A mistake? One mistake? You should be so lucky. You'll make dozens! I made four or five on my first day alone! Of course you'll make mistakes. Just don't make any of them twice. If you do mess things up, don't try to hide it. Don't try to rationalize it. Recognize it and admit it and learn from it. We never stop learning, none of us.”   [John Flanagan, Erak's Ransom]

Earlier I was writing about why Learn is such an important word for me. Why I write about it so often. I think it is BEcause Learning IS my heart. It is the one thing that I find essential.

And, while breathing is probably more essential, nothing about Life appeals to me so much as the getting to learn bit. It’s just that simple.

No man can reveal to you aught but that which already lies half asleep in the dawning of your knowledge.
The teacher … does not bid you enter the house of his wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind.
    [Khalil Gibran, The Prophet]

Yes. This is how it is.

Learning never exhausts the mind.   [Leonardo da Vinci]

Isn’t that just so utterly amazing?!


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

I would be sooooo bored if it wasn't for learning and experiencing new things. :)