Friday, May 2, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 2 May 2014


Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it.  [Kevyn Aucoin]

It might sound a little weird, but every single morning is a gift. I choose to see it that way. But oftener than I wish were true, I have NOT subscribed to this perspective.

I can BE a World-class complainer. I’m the Sherlock Holmes of finding what is wrong with things. Thankfully, I am changing. I CAN embrace Life rather than kick it to the curb.

Manifest plainness, embrace simplicity, reduce selfishness, have few desires.  [Lao Tzu]

This is the way I Now embrace Life. I keep it as simple as I possibly can. I stay in this moment. I don’t spend energy reflecting and I avoid projecting as much as possible. This is the meaning of “embrace.” For me.

A lot of people resist transition and therefore never allow themselves to enjoy who they are. Embrace the change, no matter what it is; once you do, you can learn about the new world you're in and take advantage of it.  [Nikki Giovanni]

So simply true. So simply.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

True! True! Don't borrow trouble, as they say. Enough of it will find you of its own accord--LOL! And it always passes or lessens, anyways. ;)