Sunday, May 4, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 4 May 2014


I learned the bad guys are not always bad, the good guys are not always good, and to quote Captain Barbossa, the parameters are like rules, mostly guidelines. And that it takes a little bit of bad boy to fight the evil in the world.  [Sherrilyn Kenyon, Phantom in the Night]

Having cancer is like trying to cram a year, mayBE years of learning, into a short stretch of Time. I suppose it CAN BE done, but it’s NOT satisfying. And for me, learning is satisfying.

I love to learn. [which is good since apparently I also love to make mistakes, fail, and get things wrong]

I’ve seen how you can’t learn anything when you’re trying to look like the smartest person in the room.  [Barbara Kingsolver, The Poisonwood Bible]

If I had one penny for all the times I thought I had to BE smarter, or at least look like I was, I can tell you I would have money to burn…

And I don’t think I am that unusual. I think most of us suffer, to some extent, from managing our impression on other people and finding our place on the spectrum of whatever it might BE.

The authority of those who teach is often an obstacle to those who want to learn.  [Cicero]

Oh yes…


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

I have often been quite surprised by people's impressions of me over the years. Depends on how they know you--where and when and what you were doing, you know? I've pretty much followed my different drummer. Give them something to talk about, as they say--LOL! And people generally are too busy thinking about themselves to spend much time thinking about you, anyways. The only people's opinions that have mattered to me were people I truly love and I RESPECT their opinions in the first place. Why be concerned over people's opinions when you don't even respect how they think? ;)