Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 21 May 2014


I can't think of anything lonelier than spending the rest of my life with someone I can't talk to, or worse, someone I can't be silent with.  [Mary Ann Shaffer, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society]

I know it may sound really weird, but I have BEcome this person for me. I struggled too long to NOT [have to]BE alone, only to discover living alone can BE [is] such a deLIGHT. It takes me a little by surprise. This is an un-DOing sort of surprise.

I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.  [Walt Whitman]

I used to BElieve I needed “more,” but I was wrong. I only need enough. Even if cancer means asking me to make a lot of decisions, choices, and “plans,” nothing has changed. Okay, mayBE I am quicker to pull out of quicksand, but, really, that’s been a long time about time!!

Whatever and whoever is or isn’t is fine. I think this is more about trusting myself. I can swing like a chimp wanting others’ “agreement” or “happiness” with my decisions. Now I know I am enough.

When what you want is a relationship, and not a person, get a dog[Deb Caletti, The Secret Life of Prince Charming]

There is so much wonderful truth there…


I love you, Currie

No comments: