Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 14 May 2014


Whatever it is you are really desiring, give it away. If it's companionship, give it to someone else, and just listen to them and be there. If it's money, give it to someone who is less fortunate. If it's encouragement, give it to others. If it's friendship, become the best friend you can be to others. If it's time, serve others with your time. You will be amazed to see how much more of everything you have when you are willing to freely give.   [Osayi Osar-Emokpae]

Even when I know something is true, I still find it so difficult to DO.

But at least I know that. And I didn’t always. So progress is, well, enough for today.

I slept and I dreamed that life is all joy. I woke and I saw that life is all service. I served and I saw that service is joy.  [Khalil Gibran]

This really is deLIGHTfull, eh?! I also like how simply it turns things round and right side up.

Until we can receive with an open heart, we're never really giving with an open heart. When we attach judgment to receiving help, we knowingly or unknowingly attach judgment to giving help. [BrenĂ© Brown, The Gifts of Imperfection]

I’ve been struggling with this lately. A LOT. And I’m getting very tired.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

My life has been a process of knowing things in my head and slowly having them descend so that I know them in my heart--and to my very core. It is a long, painful, wonderful process. ;)