Thursday, May 29, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 29 May 2014


One very important aspect of motivation is the willingness to stop and to look at things that no one else has bothered to look at. This simple process of focusing on things that are normally taken for granted is a powerful source of creativity.  [Edward de Bono]

I am realising that cancer is really quite a gift. That might sound and even BE weird, but it is true for me. Instead of BEing fearful and angry and reactive I have found the pony in all the poop.

It’s an act of our will to choose to see people simply as wildly loved by God, to assume their beauty before guessing their depravity.  [Mary E. DeMuth, Everything: What You Give and What You Gain to Become Like Jesus]

This reminds me of the idea that we can’t love people when we are busy judging them. I have really been looking at pretty much everything with refreshed curiosity. And seeing every person along this path as an angel. It makes Life pretty interesting to shift perspectives.

I knew if I stayed where I was, nothing would get better; nothing would change. If I wanted to ease the pain, I had to try something different.  [Sharon E. Rainey, Making a Pearl from the Grit of Life]

Isn’t that just like Life?!


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

I think of it as trying to see the person's soul--which is beyond all the surface stuff. Beyond the layers of defenses and errors and ego--lies the soul. When all else fails I try to imagine them as a little toddler. We were all little fresh souls at some point or another. ;)