Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 20 May 2014


There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and will be lost.  [Martha Graham]

I feel a rush of goodness from these words. There is no one else who can DO Me better than Me. No one who can DO You better than You.

I like that. It has a BEautimous symmetry.

The first question she was asked was What do you do? as if that were enough to define you. Nobody ever asked you who you really were, because that changed. You might be a judge or a mother or a dreamer. You might be a loner or a visionary or a pessimist. You might be the victim, and you might be the bully. You could be the parent, and also the child. You might wound one day and heal the next.  [Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes]

I have thought about this lately, answering the same questions for new people. Trying to fit ME within the spaces on forms…

I have seen the best of you, and the worst of you, and I choose both.   [Sarah Kay]

Oh my, YES!!!


I love you, Currie

No comments: