Saturday, May 31, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 31 May 2014


Do not sit still; start moving now. In the beginning, you may not go in the direction you want, but as long as you are moving, you are creating alternatives and possibilities.  [Rodolfo Costa, Advice My Parents Gave Me: and Other Lessons I Learned from My Mistakes]

This is a lot like the way I am moving in my Life Now. I’m NOT happy about the cancer, but it has given me so much already. I suppose having Gratitude for anything helps one’s perspective to shift…

Yelling at living things does tend to kill the spirit in them. Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts...  [Robert Fulghum]

I’ve had a lot of awakenings about how I am. I suppose that will happen sometimes. But what I know I don’t want to have BE part of how I am is my irritability and unkindness. I really DO get how useless they are. These words give me encouragement to keep letting those bits of me go.

There are moments when troubles enter our lives and we can do nothing to avoid them.
But they are there for a reason. Only when we have overcome them will we understand why they were there. 
[Paulo Coelho, The Fifth Mountain]

Life is meant to BE embraced. JOYously.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

In the end I think it matters what energy you send out to the world...no matter what has been sent to you, you know? That's one of the harder lessons for us humans to learn--how to react with love no matter how awful people are to us. Not to react by just reflecting back and spreading that very negativity. Only love can change things for the better, you know?Only love can heal. :)