Saturday, May 24, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 24 May 2014


We think that the point is to pass the test or overcome the problem, but the truth is that things don’t really get solved. They come together and they fall apart. Then they come together again and fall apart again. It’s just like that. The healing comes from letting there be room for all of this to happen: room for grief, for relief, for misery, for joy.  [Pema Chodron, When Things Fall Apart]

I never really grasped this. Now, of course, it is easier. One of cancer’s perks, y’know what I mean?! I am learning moment by moment to Let Go and Let BE. DO I have wants or wishes, hopes, and dreams?! Sure, but they are the jimmies, the cherry. Totally unnecessary.

Lean in a bit so you can see the beautiful world, but don't lean in too far because you can fall.   [Nina Boddin]

I’ve fallen. A lot. I’ve gone too fast and chosen without really considering. This is what astonishes me about the time I am taking, Now, learning, finding out what’s possible, and making a choice I’ll BE happy to live with. No regrets.

In solitude the mind gains strength and learns to lean upon itself.  [Laurence Sterne]

This is a fact. I have done the studies. I know for certain it’s the truth.


I love you, Currie

1 comment:

Rita said...

Greetings! :)
Yes, life is quite cyclical.
I peeked at your posts. Been away, as you know, dealing with body issues--LOL! ;)