Monday, May 26, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 26 May 2014


Family was even a bigger word than I imagined, wide and without limitations, if you allowed it, defying easy definition. You had family that was supposed to be family and wasn't, family that wasn't family but was, halves becoming whole, wholes splitting into two; it was possible to lack whole, honest love and connection from family in lead roles, yet to be filled to abundance by the unexpected supporting players.  [Deb Caletti, The Secret Life of Prince Charming]

I was thinking, out walking this morning, how connected I feel. It doesn’t look as though I am connected at all. Really. How oddly nice a thing to discover about myself Right Now.

Self-discipline is an act of cultivation. It requires you to connect today's actions to tomorrow's results. There's a season for sowing, a season for reaping. Self-discipline helps you know which is which[Gary Ryan Blair]

I try really hard to live in each one of my days, but this idea has really got hold of me. If I fill my days with what I love DOing, then BEing is that much more delicious.

From now on, I'll connect the dots my own way[Bill Watterson]

This is like me following the bouncing ball with this cancer stuff. I’ve done the next right things.

Now I’m just bouncing.


I love you, Currie

2 comments:

lorik said...

I like the connecting the dots our own way:) Also like the spontaneity of your drawing.

Rita said...

What a fantastic gesture drawing!
I also like the connect the dots your own way quote.
I, also, feel very connected and yet seldom leave this apartment. Hard to explain to people. ;)