Friday, May 16, 2014

Currie's Gratitude 16 May 2014


Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.   [Veronica Roth, Divergent]

This is very true. That BEing or BEcoming fearless is NOT the point of anything is so simple and so complicated at the very same time. It is DOing things with your fear that makes fear less. It does NOT stand there, fearlessness, like an oasis in the desert. It is NOT a destination. And no matter how ridiculous I have ever seemed to BE, I have always been operating from fear to sometimes a greater and other times a lesser extent.

The next time you want to withhold your help, or your love, or your support for another for whatever the reason, ask yourself a simple question: do the reasons you want to withhold it reflect more on them or on you? And which reasons do you want defining you forevermore?  [Dan Pearce, Single Dad Laughing]

The problem here is thinking that I am anyone who will BE defined “forevermore.” I mean, really, DO I think I am THAT important?! I would rather go down giving too much filled full with fear than withhold what I have to give.

Mostly…

Life demands much. Give more.  [Richelle E. Goodrich, Smile Anyway]

This is fearlessness.


I love you, Currie

1 comment: